Monday, May 23, 2011

My favorite part of the morning is taking Olivia to school.

Every school day Olivia...

holds my hand in the parking lot until we get to the part where no cars are allowed. Then she lets go of my hand and races me (except that I don't actually run) to the front door where she sets down her lunch box and gathers all of her strength to open the door.

sneaks past her 2's class teacher because she doesn't want Miss Becca to see her. She actually loves Miss Becca; it's all part of Liv's love of sneaking around and surprising people.

finds the place her lunch box belongs and puts it on the shelf. Then she signs herself in by moving her picture from the Home board to the School board.

hides outside her classroom and giggles loudly until her teacher notices her.

These moments make up her school day ritual.

Last week of school

Here comes summer

Hold my hand, Mommy

No comments: